The Centre for Food and Adequate Living Rights (CEFROHT), is a human rights not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote social justice in food, health, trade and investment systems, through the use of legal tools and social accountability approaches such as social justice and strategic litigation, Community empowerment, Legal and policy advocacy to advance the right to a standard of living adequate for health and well-being in Uganda and Africa.
CEFROHT in partnership with IDLO is currently implementing a project titled Using a participatory, multi-sectoral approach to promote health diets through legal empowerment and social accountability mechanisms and the project is ending on the 31 March 2022,There is need for auditing, we therefore request for your services to audit our projects as it’s in line with our agreement with IDLO.
Roles and Responsibilities
The expert will specifically be expected to:
- Audit Global Recap financial statements to enable the auditors to express an independent professional opinion on the financial position of Global Recap Project and to ensure that the funds utilized under Global Recap Project activities have been used for their intended purposes
- Provide the basis for preparation of the Global Recap Financial Statements. Proper books of accounts as required by law have been maintained by CEFROHT and also maintain adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for the transactions.
- Verify all funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of IDLO and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided.
- Goods, works and services financed have been procured in accordance with the IDLO established rules and procedures.
- Appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages should exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented.
- The financial statements have been prepared by CEFROHT’s management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of Global Recap Project and of its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
- Comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Express an opinion as to reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
- In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management Letter.